If your physical and mental health could do with a boost, it may be worth introducing an ashwagandha supplement into your everyday routine. Whether you feeling under the weather? Or perhaps your stress levels are through the roof? It's normal for your well-being to dip every now and again, due to illness or day-to-day pressures. In this article, we will dive into the question: what is ashwagandha and how improve your well-being with these adaptogenic supplements.
These supplements are clinically proven to help with worry and cultivate calm. People have felt their stress and anxiety levels reduce. Plus, it helps promote endurance, strength, muscle size, and muscle recovery rate. You may also find you have better memory and cognitive function and an enhanced sex drive.
Best ashwagandha supplements shortlist:
• Highly rated Ashwagandha supplement: Organic Ashwagandha KSM-66 with 5% Withanolides
• Best high-strength Ashwagandha supplements: Organic Ashwagandha Capsules
• Best chewable Ashwagandha supplement: Starpowa Ashwagandha 60 Gummies
Make an informed decision as to whether taking ashwagandha gummies, supplements, or tablets is right for you by reading the information below. If taking an Ashwagandha supplement sounds like something you could benefit from, we've rounded up some of the best ones you can buy online.
The best ashwagandha supplements
Highly rated Ashwagandha supplement
With over 5,000 reviews and an average 4.4-star rating, these supplements are highly rated by
- Plenty of positive reviews
- Some customers didn't feel the benefits they expected to feel
Best high strength Ashwagandha supplements
Containing 1000mg of organic Ashwagandha per capsule, these supplements have a high-strength
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Some customers wished the outer packaging wasn't made from plastic
Best for introducing Ashwaganda supplements into your daily routine
If you're not sure whether Ashwagandha supplements are right for you but want to give them a go,
- Made from biodynamically grown, organic, and wild-crafted herbs
- Contains less mg of Ashwagandha per capsule compared to other supplements
Best daily Ashwagandha supplement
You only need to take one capsule a day with the Holland & Barrett Ashwagandha capsules. Taking
- Only have to take one supplement a day
- Only contains a month's supply
Best chewable Ashwagandha supplement
Do you struggle to swallow capsules and tablets? You'll love that you can just chew these gummies
- Some may find it easier to swallow than a capsule
- On the pricey side compared to other supplements
Recommended Ashwagandha supplements
Help restore balance and improve the overall running of your body with a little helping hand from
- Free from allergens such as egg, milk, lactose, soya, gluten, wheat, and peanuts
- Some reviews mention they would have liked the supplements to be stronger strength
Recommended Ashwagandha supplement
This supplement is made with KSM-66 Ashwagandha, which is highly concentrated with just the root
- Linked to a variety of health benefits
- Might be too strong for some people
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is found in the roots and leaves of the evergreen shrub of the same name, with small yellow flowers. It's made into powders and extracts for it to be used in supplements and other health products. These can include Ashwagandha teas, tablets, oils, or gummies for those that struggle to swallow tablets.
Popular in Africa, India, and the Middle East, where the plant originates, the communities in these areas have been using it in traditional medicines for thousands of years.
What is Ashwagandha used for?
Modern science has found that it has a wide range of health benefits, so it's boomed in popularity in recent years. People all over the globe use it as an alternative, natural remedy for relief against longtime ailments, aches, and pains.
Some studies have suggested that Ashwagandha can have neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory effects. With that in mind, taking an Ashwagandha supplement could help with lessening the symptoms of the following conditions and illnesses:
• High blood pressure
• Muscle pain/swelling
• Cognitive problems
How to take Ashwagandha supplements safely
Most people can take Ashwagandha supplements safely by taking the recommended dose, but we recommend speaking with your doctor before you start.
Lloyds Pharmacy advises that the NHS does not recognise Ashwagandha as an official medical treatment as there is not much known about the side effects or long-term risks. General guidance suggests pregnant women or people with autoimmune conditions shouldn't take it. To be safe, you should check in with your GP or pharmacist before taking it regularly.